Saturday, October 26, 2013

GC

As I said a few posts back, I've lost my appetite. And that still persists even to today. I really can't say what it is, it isn't as if I am depressed or anything.

But yes, I have found that my one solution in the past few weeks comes through just one form of food: the grilled cheese sandwich. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy my grilled cheese sandwich. I will attempt to demonstrate: often in a day, if possible, I will consume this as repast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I never tire of it. Thus far.

Each time I visit the kitchen to ponder over what I should eat, despite inspecting the fridge and pantry and considering a number of other, much more 'extravagant', meals, I always end up simply taking out the bread, putting on the frying pan, and going about the now routine of preparing my grilled cheese sandwich. Butter both sides, cheddar cheese to get all ooey-gooey, onions (a must), chillis and green peppers...sometimes tomatoes, sometimes pizza sauce, always spicy and crispy.

And my kitten enjoys the crusts. Meow.



20 comments:

  1. try it with tomato soup (with fresh basil sprinkled on top) - heaven :D .... grilled cheese is one of mah faves too ... altho im more of a purist so no onions or tomatoes or heaven forbid green peppers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you and your tomato-basil obsession :D Btw I did in fact have with soup. I have to have it with onions and peppers.. it's that crunch with the gooey-ness which makes it so heavenlike. :D

      Delete
  2. Nice post
    Your desire to have grilled cheese sandwich everytime has made you a great cook. Soon you will start preparing other dishes too..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, but I already am a great cook lol.. btw welcome back LMCAM! :)

      Delete
  3. Lol @ Your desire to have grilled cheese sandwich everytime has made you a great cook. Soon you will start preparing other dishes too.

    She's a pro in the kitchen Green Rampal :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my classic grilled cheese sandwich :) but like nerdyy says, I just keep it simple, only that goeey cheese :P

      BUT, our family also eats your version of a grilled cheese, except for its earned itself its own name: we call it "cheesebread". And i've been eating for 15 years now lol :P so long live the cheesebread and the GC!

      Delete
    2. Let's just accept that I can't spell today

      Delete
    3. Lol :P MY version is way more than just a 'cheesebread' :O its more like a pizza sandwich :O And speaking of which I made a variation on Sunday (brunch)...grilled zuchinni on flax rye with fresh mozzarella and tomato :D YUUUUUM.

      Delete
    4. Our version is also like a pizza sandwich :) although it's name is misleading, it's pretty much tomato sauce, onions, green peppers, etc, and lots of cheese of course, put into a sandwich maker :)

      Delete
    5. Oh the sandwich maker sandwich :P

      Delete
  5. ^----- Another cheese lover... in fact almost anything made in mil product ... to such extent that if I don't get curd for a week I fall sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL yes I am a huuuge cheese lover. I dislike the plastic wrapped single processed fake cheese that seems to be everyone's idea of 'cheese' these days :| REAL CHEESE PPL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :| ok now it gets complicated... I know only Amul cheese and local paneer... in raw form... rest all kind of cheese is found in pizza or paneer tikka... which they fry dipping in liquid cheese... but curd, ghee, butter... yess I know what is authentic... Also I would prefer to not to know if a cheese is made with fluids from cow's gut... :|

      Delete
    2. Hahah well the "fake" cheese I mean are those of the "(North) American" variety... and ehh yeah nono@ rennet type... and by "real cheese" I mean yes more than just paneer haha...as in cheddar, havarti, gouda, etc :D

      Delete