Thursday, March 21, 2013

Martian Chronicles

Considering that the countdown is ticking until I open up this blog, it would make sense to actually make use of the time still belonging to me to write something, rather than just posting random things.

Lately, I've been reading The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. From the very first page, I was in love. This man knows how to write. The novel is a chronological account of Earth's movement to Mars over the years. It's science-fiction, but hell, does he make it seem like poetry. This is writing of the finest class. Everyone else who've also been reading this along with me have also been taken aback by it. It is absolutely sublime. It reaches deep, so deep, inside you to pull out your own memories and feelings - feelings you may never have realized were there. It's so evocative of everything that exists in the state of existing.

"I feel as if I'd been out in a pounding rain for forty-eight hours without an umbrella or a coat. I'm soaked to the skin with emotion."