Friday, April 19, 2013

Sockless

Breaking news. This is huge, this is epic, this is momentous: Welcome to the first day of the year where I do not have to wear socks.

No, I didn't run out of clean laundry, and no, my feet smell delightful. It's just so awesome being able to go outside in flats without socks, and not. feel. cold. The sensation is so liberating.

I know, I know. It's going to get cold again, but why should the fear of enjoying the moment now somehow jinxing the moment in the future stop me from enjoying the moment now? If we all did that, no one would be at peace, no one would be content, no one would be satisfied, and in constantly expecting the worse, and denying ourselves the pleasure of today, we conjure it up and  give it power, we make the worst come to life.

So, for the good we have today, rejoice in it, and offer up your thanks and gratitude, for these are the thoughts which strengthen the worth of us maintaining the good.


10 comments:

  1. Oh, that was you.
    I was wondering where that smell was coming from. :P

    And nicely said, Ma'am. :) Rejoice for the good we have today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Shush about tha smell, you couldn't possibly smell my lovely smell over there where with every sniff you're inhaling coconut oil fumes :P

      Delete
  2. It's funny how I was thinking of the EXAAACCTTT same thing today of not having to wear socks, lol. Aur yar, tu ek sentence ko kitna kheenchti hai! LOLL Do dafa parhna pada mujhe.. Pehli dafa toh Sochne laggi.. ke akhir Socks ke baare me likh rahi thi socks waise gaye kahan. Fir dusri baar me samjh aya ki That wasn't the point of this post. Loll Acha now I'm going off track Lol. Waise haan, sahi baat hai - Rejoice in and for the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aur Haan, I came here aj kyunki I was missing you Lol So mwah.. meri taraf se itne dino baad lol *huggie*

      Delete
    2. Haha :D I replied on your blog so will keep mushiness on minimum here :P huggssss :)

      Delete
  3. :D WHen I read the title, I thought I was in for a good laugh :P nevertheless, this was a very meaningful post! 'Living in the moment' is a great philosophy! And I love being sockless :P

    BTW, sorry, I haven't visited any blogs lately, and yours since you made it not-private again :P Anyway, I nominated you for an award so check it out: http://ruya-wakingmoments.blogspot.in/2013/04/cheers-for-another-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruya :D It's always a delight to see you here, I know I'm not much of a commenter on yours either, we all seem to be steeped to the brim with just our own lives and getting the time to devote to writing in our own blogs :) But yes, another award! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. *Hugs Miss.IQ and gifts her matching socks* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheeee gets hugged and admires ma new socks *rolleyes*

      Delete
    2. Lol yes they had ducks all ova them :P

      Delete