Sunday, May 06, 2012

Rainbow

By now, those of you who are following and land on this page are first taken back by the drastic changes in the layout.

 Some of you are thinking, "What the hell did she do?", some of you are thinking "Hmm, interesting". And maybe just a few might be thinking "Wow! Nice!!" I have no doubt that the former reactions would be in majority male, and the last female. Then again, I can be wrong.

 I like changing things. Well, to be more precise, I like variety. And lately I've been not to keen to write anything. What occurred exactly was logging onto my own blog and looking at it and thinking, something is missing. It's nice, but it isn't entirely me. I should have taken a printscreen of what it looked like so as to keep a memory of the evolution of my blog; I have no doubt it will be changing again in a few months.

I loved the landscape mountains background and the raindrop window of the blog, but it wasn't rightly me. I wanted something that made me feel that it incorporated what Supercalifragilisticsexyalidocious was. One day I might try my hand at explaining that also, but definitely not today. I'm rushing to finish this right now, because I won't want to write about the change in my layout tomorrow morning, and I've gotta run out.

 I wanted black and white. My room is black and white. I like things nice, neat, clean. I like the sophistication the combination of black and white portrays and represents.

But then, I'm all for colour, vibrancy, the spectrum of all shades and hues. Hence the rainbow.  When I look at what I've done, I feel hey there blog, you look like me. (Not that I have stripes on my face or anything)

 Some of you might like it, some won't. In the same way, you might like me, some of you might not. It's all good.


14 comments:

  1. I must admit that i did love the earlier background .. i love clouds and rain and thunder and lightning ... bcoz in many ways it reminds us of the power and beauty of nature ... and raindrops on a window or on a face is so damn sexy :D

    but i like this also .. black n white is interesting ... but the color spectrum a lot more so ... at least for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesh, I admit I miss it already haha, but the good thing is, it IS one of the backgrounds that remain on blogger templates so I can revert to it at any time. And although I loved the rain and mountains and clouds picture because THAT in itself was very much me, especially in terms of the depiction of weather, in terms of using it as a layout, something didn't rightly sit with me. You're the one I mentioned/asked several times whether my blog page looked messy...because it felt that way to me. This feels more clean-cut to me, so I don't feel so fidgety to fix things.. lol.

      Delete
  2. How can you say the previous background wasn't you? You love the rain,thunder and lightening :P but then again you're also a big fan of colors and variety........and I did like that one but this one isn't bad either....I'd go with.. " Hmm interesting " :P ^^

    and to the cat... It can mean whatever the hell you want it to mean :D So long as it makes you happy =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I said not "entirely" me. :) I do like (love) rain, thunder and lightning, but that's not entirely me. Well, neither is this new format, but the "me" I aim at expressing is the me that is my current state of mind. With the advent of summer/spring it isn't the dark, gloomy rainy side...and you know this best of all! You're the one who SAID that I would want to change the gloomy to something bright :P

      Delete
  3. ...I don't know about the others, but I love it! =D It's so nice and vibrant now! The previous background was also nice, but as you said, we neeed variety =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D I loveee how my first guess as to how the reactions would pan out was right :D

      Thank you Kiara! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha =] I guess we're beginning to know each other better, considering you expected this reaction from me =D

      Delete
    3. :D It's only inevitable.

      Delete
  4. Change is Good. And when it defines you, it is even better.

    I like both the backgrounds equally. No discrimination there ! :P
    I too change the backgrounds and layout too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Gemini? :P They tend to be good at sitting on the fence on issues and not being biased in any way haha...but then again that doesn't mean other signs aren't capable of being that way either :D

      Delete
  5. Option b. But, not as good as a pure black background with some blinking lights and mermalade words.

    And what is this black n white thingy? Attempt to hypnotize me and get my darkest deepest secrets? Not gonna work!

    Seriously, the rainbow would look much better on a black background. I encourage variety too, but not this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered pure black. But that wasn't what I wanted either in terms of "me" ...it wouldn't be doing Supercalifragilisticsexyalidocious right. Think about it, what does supercalifragilisticsexyalidocious make you feel, and relate it to your question about "what is this black and white thingy?" + hypnotize :P... (FTR I don't wanna know your darkest deepest secrets nor do I need to hypnotize you for that *grin*)

      Think of falling into the Alice in Wonderland looking glass :P

      Delete
  6. I should've wrote that comment here ._.
    but u is a very peculiar cat..
    & I guess being unique is just what you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLLLLLLLLL Oh how I love thee. "U is a very peculiar cat" is just CLASSIC.

      Delete