Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Sakura

May!

 It's that time again, my favourite month in the year.

Whenever this happens, I get overwhelmed with the magical beauty of everything, and to even write a word about this month, the season, is to write poetry. That's what spring and May does to me. My praise for the magic nature displays at this time of year just instils such a deep profound sense of awe.

I find it truly apt that Mother's Day belongs to May, because there is something so nurturing about the rebirth of life, the green buds, the blossoms, the lush green that's soon to sprout. There is a beautiful femininity that gives an aura of delicate fragility and yet, to be able to revive and thrive in such a way, an inner strength that belies that delicacy.

See what I mean? I just can't help it, the prose just sprouts like those new buds that adorn the once bare trees. May makes me happy. Beautiful entities are just born in this month and regardless of my low tolerance for the cold winters I am thankful that I can reside in a climate where this change in nature is so clearly emphasized. Not emphasized by people, mind you, because not just everyone shares my enthusiasm for this magical fairyscape, but emphasized by the force of nature itself.

Although the skies are still cloudy, and the chill still permeates the air, there is a promise that says one day soon, the skies will be clear cerulean blue and the clouds whispers of white cotton and the sunshine, beaming as a happy child's gummy smile.


17 comments:

  1. So summer long, i'd be following your blog then.
    This post is itself quite inspiring.

    Hoping some Poetry and Prose as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, prose usually goes into Lucid Iridescence, poetry into Whispers of Rain, and my ramblings here :D
      Thanks (:

      Delete
    2. @Ajay
      The poems in Whispers of Rain are beautiful! I strongly recommend that you read them =]

      Delete
    3. yes they are *sigh* some people have all the talent :)

      Delete
  2. May is . . . . National Salad Month, National Egg Month, National Barbecue Month, National Hamburger Month, and Fungal Infection Awareness Month in the U.S.

    ...I am sure Nerdyy will like this.

    Heres a song i remembered from month of May...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAyYvzRb5U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The world's favorite season is the spring.
      All things seem possible in May."
      - Edwin Way Teale

      Delete
  3. ohhhhhhhhh cherry blossoms .... and pear blossoms and crabapples and apricots blossoms ... and daffodils (hmm william wordsworth) and tulips and irises :D

    the darkest dreariest windiest snowiest day of january always reminds me that one day soon the earth will burst out into its cornucopia of smells and colors

    "o wind if winter comes can spring be far behind" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew a certain dumbo would join in my enthusiasm for spring :P

      :D

      Delete
  4. hmm .. who be dis dumbo dat u refer to :L

    it'll soon be Wednesday :D

    ..and then Thursday

    ..and then Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol gee, I wonder...and yes yes that's the usual pattern, but..shtill!

      Delete
    2. dont forget the earlier sunrises and the later sunsets ... nature has a built in mechanism for you to admire her beauty :D

      3 more hours ....

      Delete
  5. May makes me happy as well, and so does this post!
    I love how you mentioned May being the season of rebirth, femininity, and the whole sense of nurturing. Whoever chose May for Mothers Day, was probably a genius (like you) ! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not thaaat great :O hehe ..thank you thank you and thank you Kiara. ♥

      Delete