Friday, May 04, 2012

Recharge


Goodddddddddddddddddddddddddddd morning world! 

If you're putting down bets that today is a beautiful day, forget it, you've won the lottery. 

SUNSHINE. It is out doing its thing, yo. 

I woke up bright and early to the bright and early sunshine. The moment I stepped outside - wooooosh. 

It was one of those "slow everything down and zoom in" moments, sort of like a music video. And speaking of which, I felt so bouncy I actually started singing out loud. I didn't realize I was doing it, until I realized I wasn't listening to silence but my own voice, "dil meraaaaa muft ka" (for the record, it is not). 

It was beaming down furiously as if it was pleased with my own pleasure from the day before and wanted to make me jump for joy. Which is what I literally did. Yes, in the empty street under the blossoming and bright green trees, I jumped for joy. 

I am not crazy. Okay, so maybe I am. I am crazy. So WHAT. If this is being crazy, normal people are fools. 

Another point to be noted, I sleep the exact same amount in the winter, and yet, it is a struggle to wake up and get out of bed. As previously discussed, I usually perform my morning routine half asleep. I stay awake long enough to walk to the bus stop, and promptly fall asleep again until the station whereby I awaken to transfer myself as quickly as possible into the train to promptly fall asleep again. I awaken only when I reach my stop. 

Ok rewind. This is my winter routine. 

Now, it being spring, a real and true spring, wherein the sun is out shining bright and the warmth is reaching my bones, I am wide awake. Imagine a puppy that's got it's head out the window happily. Yes, me. 

Ok ok, NO I am not calling myself a dog, No, I don't stick my head out of the window. And no, even though I didn't write it, you all are adding the tongue lolling out image to that, which is definitely - I assure you - not what I do. 

But the element of glee that goes along with that image, yes me. I was happily ogling out my window the entire way. No, there were no sexy fobs that I was checking out, for those who would be so inclined to think. It was all scenery. Yes, sexy scenery. (Thankfully there is no consequence in any slip-up in typing that out this time; re: sexy fog.)

Beautiful blue skies, white clouds, sunshine. And this after the most gorgeous episodes of thunderstorms last night. Last evening, during sunset, was at my window admiring the cloudy white sky when all of a sudden, like a drop of ink into a glass of milk, this incredible fast moving darkness started seeping - and within a few seconds it was pitch black. I was truly amazed at what I just witnessed. Then suddenly like a good witch and a bad wizard were at battle, it all blew off and became white again, and everything became brighter again. Then, again, suddenly pitch black, and like a churning, the clouds started roiling and became boiling masses that loomed so ominously.  I was astounded. I wondered if this was the visual enactment of my recent poem, because, damn, it was pretty close to what I had imagined. 

Then it began. The lightning, the thunder. The glory of rain.

And the result:  a bright beautiful glorious Friday morning.

I is happys.