Monday, December 10, 2012

Perspective

Sometimes it takes a little displacement to find that you're right where you want to be. If you had gone through the last quiz I'd posted a few days ago, you'd have encountered the question that had me hesitating. "Are you happy?"

I wasn't really sure if I was. I might be, but then again I don't quite feel the "Happy-Me" that I always associated myself to being. I had things I was happy about, certainly. And there were things I was definitely thankful for in my life. But that's not the same thing as happy, is it?

Then I found myself looking at the date, yesterday, and realized it was the birthday of an old out of touch friend, and so I further found myself writing out a nice and simple birthday-wishing email. I ended it with "Hope you're having a great one, and even more importantly, that you're happy. "

That's when I did a bit of dissociation and put myself into a theoretical time where she'd ask me if I was. That's when I realized, from the many years down the road when she and I were much younger, and more closer, and would be thinking of a future, that this is what I would have wanted for myself. I was happy.

Happiness doesn't just knock you over, or make you want to click your heels in the air. Happiness is also a cousin of contentment, and can also be just as quiet. Despite all the smaller things crowding around in everyday life, and the little annoyances, arguments, or dissatisfaction, when I stepped out of my body and looked at myself, I realized I was happy. I am. I'm happy. Could have fooled you, right? I don't blame you, I forgot to realize I was as well.


10 comments:

  1. design looks very christmassy - with the red and green :D

    i always felt you've been pretty happy .. there is always stuff in life that we cant change .. we just deal with it ... what doesnt kill us only makes us stronger (my favorite saying on days that i walk around in 0 degree F weather with a biting wind blowing :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you :$ I felt like a little kid colouring in the leaves:P And yesh that's me kinda motto aye

      Delete
  2. Fooled us, I mean me?

    You are happy, you're always happy. I am surprised you had to question yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've got me whether I'm happy or not =D

    And my oh my, you are a master at making your blog look awesome and to the season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Now you've got me thinking whether I'm happy or not =D

      Delete
  4. Yo Braidy bunch! Happy in baby pink aye ^^


    and yes.. the decor as always looks so very NOICEEEEE :B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol :O I don't know how or why but reading this made me choke on my tea loll

      Delete