Friday, August 17, 2012

Things You Should Be Able To Say About Yourself: 5

5.  I am growing in to the best version of me.

Judy Garland once said, “Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.”  Live by this statement.  There is no such thing as living in someone else’s shoes.  The only shoes you can occupy are your own.  If you aren’t being yourself, you aren’t truly living – you’re merely existing.

I don't know about you, but I couldn't just be anyone else. Despite people mistaking me for someone else (cough cough) and my ability to understand others so well as to act like them (cough cough). I absolutely love being me. The sensation somewhat akin to wearing your absolutely favourite outfit; that's how I feel being inside my body, and thinking my own thoughts. 
Remember, trying to be anyone else is a waste of the person you are.  Embrace that individual inside you that has ideas, strengths and beauty like no one else.  Be the person you know yourself to be – the best version of you – on your terms.  Improve continuously, take care of your body and health, and surround yourself with positivity.  Become the best version of you.

There will be those times when you're sad, and likewise, those times when you're happy, but at the root of it all - there's that joy that it's all YOU. There are things only you can do, and not a single other soul could be able to think and do things which are so entirely you. You might not be good at many things, or you might think you simply suck at everything, but you know what, that's really not true. There is something about you that no one else can be - that's you.
 I'm not the best at doing a lot of things, but I try, and it's the joy of trying and learning new things and experiencing that makes me feel like I am living. Sometimes, really, it isn't the result, it's the experience of getting there. There are things I might want, and not get, and I'm learning to accept that. There are things that I get, and never expected, and I am learning to appreciate them. I'm learning where I go wrong when things go wrong. And I'm learning that you're never more right than when you learn from where you go wrong.  I'm learning, not just how to do things better, but how to be a better me.