Thursday, April 19, 2012

Exhausted

It's hard to attribute what exhaustion stems from entirely. While I've been the busiest I have ever been at work today  (lunch managed to fit in around 3.30 today), I know there have been times when I've been way more busier and yet was not exhausted.

Can you believe, I was so exhausted that I couldn't bring myself to blog? Until now. I'd been finishing project after project, running it by the other departments, reconfiguring and editing, putting word after word and yet, I couldn't bring myself to put words into a blog. I logged on countless times, and I opened the "new post" page often throughout the day, only to close it again. The reasons for closing it range from having been called to review another phase in a quickly-called meeting to just feeling utterly unable to put the right words in the thoughts I want to put down.

If you've been perceptive thus far, you might have gotten the hint that I am a bit of a perfectionist. That's a disclaimer right there. How can I say" a bit of" - being perfect is something that's either black or white, either you are, or you aren't. The thing is, I am and yet, I am not. I..am not perfect at being a perfectionist. There you have it.

I am what one might term a living paradox. I like things done right, and yet, I am laid-back enough to allow for things being done wrong. Because, I've lived some years enough to understand that the things I have done wrong have taught me more than the things I have done right.

In another juxtaposition of contrasts, I usually assert that I will - and forever will be (and look the part, psh) - young at heart. And yet, there are times I feel amazingly ancient. Not just in that weary and tired way, but the way that I feel like an ancient ascetic or something that looks at the world through wise old eyes. Strange, isn't it.

Still, as strange as it sounds, I feel that this applies to almost everyone. We are all ancient souls, and yet we are ageless. The problem being, the state of our minds is affected by the state of our bodies and, yes, vice versa. And today, I am living proof.

 (By the way, this isn't part of my claim of ancient wisdom, in case you were wondering why I'm stating the obvious.)