Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lunch




This was me today. I was hungry, so at lunch I decided to walk around outside for a longer time than usual and find some food. Mind you, I'm not very much acquainted with the restaurants and eateries in my office area. There are a hell of a lot Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese etc restaurants to the left of my building, then a bunch of more cosmopolitan stores and streets to the right. Judging from the windows of pigs, squids and disgustingly unappetizing indecipherable animals hanging from the windows to the left, I headed to the right.

I do know where the local Mcdonalds is. If you know me, you know I am so not a fan of McD. I know where Subway is. I know where the usual fast-food and coffee-centric eateries are. But for some reason I told myself that I was gonna walk my then recently-induced distress away and find food.

So I decided to take a turn into a street I haven't before, and walked someways down the sidewalk enjoying the sunshine with a slight  chill. I was aware of a dude holding a carton of detergent falling behind me as I walked along. After a good few minutes I decided that I was not up to fishy sushi (shudder) nor was the number of high designer boutiques of lingerie going to sate my hunger.

Feeling the eyes of those behind me (namely Mr. Clean), I dawdled on the street corner, looked side to side, then shrugged and turned back.

For those who know already, and wish to rub it in my face, I take the pleasure of admitting my shame to everyone:

I had McDonalds.


10 comments:

  1. ...and i had a serrano (spanish ham) and manchego (spanish cheese) samich in honor of the ocnversation about pigs hanging from the display case of certain chinese restaurants :D

    none of the squids or pigs or ducks or chickens hanging from the display of a chinese restaurant are either disgusting or unappetizing ... in fact they are quite delicious :L

    somehow my memory goes back to my first Peking Duck (with thin yummy chinese pancakes) that i had in vancouver's excellent chinatown .. oh about 15 years ago :D

    yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwwwww. They're just hanging there, inviting all sorts of bacteria that thrive and multiply at optimum rates...Forget inviting, the bacterial growth must be like an invisible fuzzy blanket on them... and ...ehh.. delicious ehhhh. *gags* and this is from the girl who's done pig, sheep, frog, fish, rat, human dissections.

      Since your memory and appetite still refuses to reliquish the hold on your first peking duck, I think it's time you made another visit :P

      Delete
  2. Lol.. McDonald's is alright once in a while =] Definitely not all the time though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see what RonaldMacdonald has shared in his blog:
    Ω)Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visits a fast food restaurant
    Ω)You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac
    Ω)In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour
    Ω)Only seven items on McDonald's entire menu contain no sugar
    Ω)40% of American meals are eaten outside the home
    and my favorite Ω) McDonald's distributes more toys per year than Toys-R-Us

    Source :http://ronaldmcdonaldusa.blogspot.in/2004/10/shocking-statistics.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! *Shakes Noci's hand*

      LOL@ Toys-R-Us :O That's incredible :O

      Delete
    2. One arm missing already:P.......puts other in pocket...(have to type using nose now)!!!

      Delete
    3. Lol...I'm not going to break your hand while shaking it :O

      Delete
  4. I've been to McD only once. And the place where I stay has no McD.
    Btw the starter pic totally represents me.
    Sometimes its pockets,
    sometimes I check my phone as if someone is calling and talk to myself and walk back. Sounds awkward, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, and the place you stay! I say this even though I succumbed to the convenient pull of the place *sigh*

    And I don't really think it's so much an awkward thing as how much confidence you put in not really caring about what others think LOL

    ReplyDelete