Friday, April 13, 2012

Lookin’ Forward to the Weekend, Weekend.. Friday, Friday

So, this blogging thing. There are times I feel like just posting again, more than once a day. I realize that there is no rule forbidding me from doing this. However, I like to think that I am maintaining a consistent pattern and pacing myself.

I ponder.
If I increase the frequency of posting, will my inclination to do so decrease faster than if I were to maintain a moderated frequency? And, why would this occur?

Novelty. The idea that I'm relatively new to blogging. Okay, scratch that. I definitely am not new to blogging. A blogger since 2005, I have about 3141592654 blogs in existence to date (of which 3141592649 of them are not personal). Don't quote me on that.

I am new to Blogger.com considering that I have not been  personally blogging to the audience that I am on this domain until this week. As such, it is a novelty - an example of what I have termed the "Icecream Effect".

In a nutshell (cashew, preferably), the IceCream Effect describes the phenomenon of experiences of phenomena, their introduction, and the effect of exposure with regards to the pleasure they induce.  I use icecream as my example. We may have a craving for icecream, and our craving is influenced by a number of factors. The weather, our hunger, our environment. Most especially, the last time we had icecream.  Now, we may love icecream. But if we have icecream everyday, or every hour, that tendency to overdose comes into play.
As my pals Petronius and Mark say, all things in moderation [including moderation].

So maybe if I ration how much I allow myself the pleasure of writing and confusing your poor brains, perhaps I won't get so habituated and overdose myself with blogging.

Then again, why resist whichever way my creativity wants to express itself? If I want to blog 3 times a day, why should I refrain myself? In a week again, I'll still have been blogging for 2 weeks, regardless of how many times I have blogged. Same goes for a month later. I cannot predict what frame of mind I will be in in the future, my emotional state, my circumstances, or how busy I will be.

So why waste the creative juices? I'm not sure, if it's really wasting or not. It's just food (or drinks)for thought.